Saturday, January 30, 2010

Starting a Charity Organization

Just putting up a blog post before I return to trying to continue writing my novel. If you've been keeping up with this blog you know about the novel, or, in so much as I will tell you. However, if you are new, the Novel is going to be an apolitical view of an outbreak of a deadly aggressive disease in a special world. There is another great twist, but I don't wanna give that away. I think though, it should have some positive response from the publishing industry.

If you like this idea, please comment or stumble this blog!

However, as to other news, I'm in the process of incorporating my own charitable organization. Our mission statement is to preserve certain historical landmarks in downtown Atlanta (notably the Rose House; see the film we made), provide some economic benefit to the community, and donate any proceeds from the process to charity.

Using the funds raised, we will not only start a cultural awareness campaign for the Rose House (website), but we will attempt to buy or lease the home, restore it, and commercialize it. Commercial ideas include a downtown Ghost Tour; A Bar; and a special option for renting rooms in the 'haunted' house. All proceeds from these actions, minus a reservation for expansion and emergency of 30%, shall go to local Atlanta Foodbanks and Homeless Shelters.

So we could definately use any support that you could give!

If you want to contribute at this early stage, in either administration or a direct contribution, email me at emperor@crimsonstarentertainment.com. Im definately looking for someone who can offer some help in the formation of a 501(c) charitable organization.

This same email is my paypal address, should you wish to make a direct contribution. This is my personal account, and any money gained this way is earmarked directly for use in forming the 501(c) organization. After that, we will start a seperate paypal, etc, and should have full information about what is and is not a tax deduction.

Currently, I'm looking to $250 for the use in formation of the corporation. I will update this blog as that becomes reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment